Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A Cold Heart

I sit here all alone with a cold heart
looking for a way to ease the pain
I know I did nothing wrong but be faithful
but instead you treated me so cold
as if I was a motherless child
I sacrificed tremendously to give you the world
Only for you to use me as a walking doormat.

I made sure that food was on the table
your clothes clean, pressed and ready to wear
even going as far as doing your college papers
so that you can make a passing grade
When I wanted to advance my education
You turned the other cheek
looking for any excuse for me to fail
Yet keeping up the facade in front of my family and friends
to make it appear that you gave a damn

I have to give it to you
You have the gift of gab
Now I see clearly now, the haze is gone
I see a little boy that wants to be like everyone
but not himself

He always said the phrase
"I made you, I created you, I can destroy you"
Well the shoe is on the other foot
I made you a miserable fool
I created you into a beggar
and as I take each step away from you, I am destroying your very existence in my life

Go live within your misery, lies, and greed
I passed my survival test, I dont need you anymore
But don't ever forget the one woman that destroyed your chance of being a man

No comments: