Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A broken heart speaks

As Luther Vandross croons 'there is nothing better than love'. But love has eluded me.

I would like to be in love once again, but I have came to the realization that will never happen. I am confined to the world of bitterness and hatred for the rest of my years. All of my friends around me have love in their lives, but as for me, love simply haunts me. I bury myself into work and family, thinking that will ease the pain. It doesn't.

Men will come and go promising me the world, but nothing will change my broken heart.

People tell me to be patient, and that love will find its way. My question is, how long should I be patient for love to find me? I cry myself to sleep asking why is love eluding me. No one answers. The mere thought brings tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat. Maybe if I hated myself I don't have to deal with the pain. That won't work because I love myself and everything that comes with it.

I shall continue in this life time without love, and make the adjustments.

No comments: